Monday, April 25, 2011
Reflection
Although this semester was quite a change from the fall, I have to say I feel like I learned more about theory and how to teach the students this semester. First of all, our class was awesome!!! I feel like we approached some very controversial topics and we all were able to listen to each other's opinions and differences and still have our own opinions respectfully. Although I really wasn't a fan of Jago, I did appreciate a few of her lesson ideas. (Which is what the class was about!) Plus the book was actually enjoyable to read, and I would love to talk and have conversations with her about teaching, rather than just disagree and stop reading entirely. Also I really liked making these lesson plans and seeing them presented. Not only could we look at them from a student's point of view and why they would or would not like something, but we could sit and think about all the many ways we could make a lesson either more or less creative based on structure. The readings for the language theories were a bit dry, I really enjoyed that class discussion and was able to incorperate that into a lot of the class this semester (Firestone blog for Foot, and chapter blogs for you!) To be honest, I still haven't really thought about the pairing project yet, but I am enjoying the young adult book. (Since I am finally reading the right Percy Jackson...) I think that I learned a great deal from this class, and are going to really miss our discussions and rants!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really liked our class discussions, I think we had a really good class dynamic. I also think Dr. Pytash's classes were the only classes where I've ever actually enjoyed the textbooks.
ReplyDelete